Do something good and meaningful this holiday season and make a child’s Christmas by participating in Operation Christmas Child! The mission of Operation Christmas Child is to demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way to needy children around the world, and together with the local church worldwide, to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.
It’s simple: take an old shoe box, wrap it up, then pack it with toys, stationery, candies, stuffed animals, hygiene items, etc. and share the love of Christ with hurting children around the world!
Last year, we set out to make 50 boxes but we were able to send off 81 boxes! Praise God! Our new goal for this year is to send 100 boxes! Here’s how you can help us reach this goal:
1) Make your own box(es)! (Drop off dates: Friday, 11/14/14 + Sunday, 11/16/14)
– Prepare your own gift box with approved and age-appropriate items. Here is a PDF file with detailed instructions on HOW TO PACK A SHOEBOX. You can even include a personal note!
– Drop of your box(es) off at Hope Center Room 102! Don’t forget include the labels and $7 shipping fee (Direct payment to Samaritan’s Purse is available online; you may also submit your payment to us and we will take care of the rest)
2) Sponsor a box (or more)! (Donations accepted until: Sunday, 11/9/14)
– Donate $25 and we’ll prepare a box on your behalf! Pass on your donations to Ginny Gu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3) Donate goodies! (Donations accepted until: Friday 11/14/14)
– Bring in shoeboxes, toys, wrapping paper, stationery, toiletries, hard candies, stuffed animals, and other OCC approved items! Drop items off at Hope Center Room 102.
– Pray for the children who will receive these boxes that they may know the love of Jesus!
5) Spread the word!
– Invite your family and friends to join in this holiday activity!