Time: 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Location: 154-02 41st Ave., Flushing, NY 11354
Chairperson: Michael Chang
Bible Reading: Psalm 107
Speaker: Min. Greg Woo
Message: “Employees, Wash Your Hands” Isaiah 1:18-20 ESV
Other events & information about this Sunday:
- Prayer Meeting: 9:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Hope Center Sanctuary led by Trusfy Pei
Rise early and seek the Lord’s face at our Sunday prayer meetings.
“If we truly love people, we will desire for them far more than it is within our power to give them, and this leads us to prayer.” -Richard Foster
- Sunday School: 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Check out our March-May Sunday School quarter!
1. Our Wednesday night prayer meetings will now be the Acts 2:42 Feast. We will start at 7:30 p.m. (instead of 7) and meet in Hope Center room 106.! We will have a time of prayer, fellowship, and a free meal every week. Please RSVP with Greg so that we know how much food to bring! “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.” -Acts 2:42
2. Wedding: KC and Esther–Saturday, April 25th at 3:00 pm. at Hope Center
KC Wong and Esther Chen would be honored if you would join us to celebrate their wedding ceremony. Pastor Hao will officiate, with Audrey as flower girl and Lucas as ring bearer. Reception to follow.
3. Baptism–Sunday, April 26th from 9:30-11a.m. at Hope Center
Join us for our Spring Baptism of Joyce, Dragos, Fred, and Kelly Tso!
4. Spring 2015 Seminary Courses—Tues & Thurs 2/1-5/16
-Book of Colossians 2 credits taught by Rev. Leo Kim on Tuesdays 7-9 p.m.
-Hebrew Bible Reading on Joshua 1 credit taught by Dr. Ezra Kim on Thursdays 1-1:50 p.m.
5. Summer Retreat 2015 is coming up!
What: Our 20th Annual Summer Retreat!
Theme: “Jesus, the Only Hope”
Where: Villanova University (800 E. Lancaster Ave., Villanova, PA 19085)
When: Thursday, July 2nd – Sunday, July 5th
Speaker: Pastor Robert Calabretta from the Korean United Church of Philadelphia
Stay tuned next week to find out more about our upcoming mega auction, sports fundraisers, and retreat survey!
Contact Angelica for more information, questions, concerns, and financial aid requests regarding retreat!
6. Faith Summer Day Camp-7/6-8/30 (8 weeks) at Hope Center or Main Church locations!
Details: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. for ages 4-14
Activities: Joyful Bible Camp, reading, math, movies, arts and crafts, French, singing, and extra-curriculum courses (guitar, chess, Chinese, art, choir, and Lego projects). Outdoor activities are only available at our Hope Center location (sports, bowling, ice skating, zoo, museums, Hall of Science, library, and movies).
Tuition: $50 Registration fee | $900/8 weeks, $750/6 wks, $600/4 wks, $450/2 wks. See registration form for family member and early bird discounts.
Registration: Please register at either the Hope Center or Main Church offices.
Staff: Main Church director: Jonathan Su (Overseer-Gary Chang)
Hope Center director: Justis Hao (Overseers-Christine Liu and Greg Woo)
7. Lego and Duplo donations!
If you have lego or duplo pieces to donate to our Summer Day Camp, please bring them in and hand them to Jon Su, or leave them at Phil’s desk in Hope Center office room 104. If you wish to drop it off at our Main Church location, please let the receptionist know that it is for the Summer Day Camp.
8. Hope Center After School–Mon-Fri 3-6 p.m. at Hope Center
What: After School program for students
Registration: Register at the Hope Center office Mon-Fri 9-5 p.m.
Director: Intern Sister Zhong
Tuition: Monthly- $180; 1 semester (5 months)- $750
Transportation can be provided. See registration form at Hope Center for details.
9. Mission Trips to Mexico and Haiti
Our annual missions trip to Tijuana, Mexico will take place this summer from 7/25-8/5! Our congregation partners with YUGO Ministries to work with local churches in Tijuana to teach lessons, spread the Gospel, and reach to those that have not heard of Christ. This year they may plan on building a house so donations would be much appreciated! For more information on how to donate or join us for YUGO, please speak to our Minister Greg Woo.
Our branch church, Awakening, will be hosting a missions trip to Haiti this summer (7/25-8/5) to spread the gospel and help some physical needs (clean water, etc.). As of now, there are 12 young people registering, each paying half the trip expense ($500). They are in need of $6,000 in financial support for the other half. Please pray for this mission and contribute whatever God prompts in your heart.
10. Recycle Your Printers and Ink Cartridges–If you have any printers or ink cartridges that can be recycled, please give them to Min. Greg or Phil Yeh. Our church can get credit for these supplies.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our Sunday services or upcoming events.