Time: 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Location: 154-02 41st Ave., Flushing, NY 11354
Chairperson: Wing Chi Tsui
Bible Reading: The Lord’s Prayer
Speaker: Min. Greg Woo
Message: “See Through God’s Faithfulness”
Isaiah 26-27 ESV
Other events & information about this Sunday:
- Prayer Meeting: 9:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Hope Center Sanctuary led by Trusfy Pei
Rise early and seek the Lord’s face at our Sunday prayer meetings.
“If we truly love people, we will desire for them far more than it is within our power to give them, and this leads us to prayer.” -Richard Foster
- Sunday School: 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Check out our new June-August Sunday School quarter!
- Core Group Meeting: 12:45-1:30 p.m.
All core group members please attend today’s meeting.
1. Our Wednesday night prayer meetings is called the Acts 2:42 Feast. We start at 7:30 p.m. and meet in Hope Center room 106.! We will have a time of prayer, fellowship, and a free meal every week. Please RSVP with Greg so that we know how much food to bring! “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.” -Acts 2:42
In lieu of prayer meeting this week, we will have a preview of the Global Leadership Summit, with a welcome from Bill Hybels, worship, comedian, stories of God at work, and prayer for what God will do locally and globally.
2. The Global Leadership Summit–Thurs-Fri Aug. 6-7 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at Hope Center
The Global Leadership Summit conference is live telecasted to 300+ locations across the U.S. Learn how to be a leader and lead others effectively! Hope Center serves as the premier host site of Queens.
3. VBS Volunteers needed to help out King’s Cross Church!
King’s Cross Church of NY is looking for three to four volunteers to help them out with their VBS at P.S. 20 on Saturday Aug. 9, 16, and 23rd from 1-4 p.m. No training necessary. Please speak to Min. Greg if you are interested.
Address: 142-30 Barclay Avenue, Flushing NY 11355
4. Mission Trip to Mexico
Our annual missions trip to Tijuana, Mexico will take place this summer from 8/8-8/15!
FBC has been faithfully serving with YUGO since 1999 to outreach to men, women, and children in a local village in Tijuana, Mexico. This year’s team includes: Anna Lam, Howard Tai, Sunroot Liu, Thomas Wong, Tiffany Chiu, Tracy Wang, and Min. Greg Woo.
Overall costs are estimated to be $8,200. This covers registration, plane tickets, rental vehicles, gas and tolls, insurance, and other costs. The team and fundraising efforts have already contributed $5,100. We are still trying to raise $2,100 before August 8. If you would like to contribute, please make checks payable to Faith Bible Church with a memo: YUGO.
5. Movement Day—Wed-Thurs Oct. 28-29 7am-5pm
Movement Day is catalyzing leadership teams from the world’s largest cities to serve their cities more effectively by advancing high-level, city-changing collaborative partnerships.
Register by Sept 14 for the early bird rate of $149 per person. Groups of 10 or more are $139 per person.
The Mission of Movement Day is to Cultivate Gospel Movements in Cities by:
-Facilitating unity and collaboration amongst Christian leaders to address today’s urban issues;
-Fostering an environment where City Networks are strengthened; and
-Inspiring and challenging Catalytic Leaders to maximize their leadership potential.
6. Faith Summer Day Camp–7/6-8/30 (8 weeks) at Hope Center
Details: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. for ages 4-14
Activities: Joyful Bible Camp, reading, math, movies, arts and crafts, French, singing, and extra-curriculum courses (guitar, chess, Chinese, art, choir, and Lego projects). Outdoor activities are only available at our Hope Center location (sports, bowling, ice skating, zoo, museums, Hall of Science, library, and movies).
Tuition: $50 Registration fee | $900/8 weeks, $750/6 wks, $600/4 wks, $450/2 wks. See registration form for family member and early bird discounts.
Registration: Please register at either the Hope Center or Main Church offices.
Staff: Director: Justis Hao, Vice: Jonathan Su . (Overseers-Christine Liu and Greg Woo)
6a. Lego and Duplo donations!
If you have lego or duplo pieces to donate to our Summer Day Camp, please bring them in and hand them to Jon Su, or leave them at Phil’s desk in Hope Center office room 104. If you wish to drop it off at our Main Church location, please let the receptionist know that it is for the Summer Day Camp.
7. Recycle Your Printers and Ink Cartridges–If you have any printers or ink cartridges that can be recycled, please give them to Min. Greg or Phil Yeh. Our church can get credit for these supplies.
Email us at: email@example.com if you have any questions about our Sunday services or upcoming events.