Time: 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Location: 154-02 41st Ave., Flushing, NY 11354
Chairperson: Michael Chang
Bible Reading: Psalm 119:97-112
Speaker: Min. Greg Woo
Message: “God is a Promise Keeper”
YUGO Day 4
Other events & information about this Sunday:
- Prayer Meeting: 9:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Hope Center Sanctuary led by Jason Wu
Rise early and seek the Lord’s face at our Sunday prayer meetings.
“If we truly love people, we will desire for them far more than it is within our power to give them, and this leads us to prayer.” -Richard Foster
- Sunday School: 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
We have a new Sunday School quarter from Sept-Nov 2015! Stay tuned for an updated description of the classes. You may see the descriptions in our Sunday program.
1. Our Wednesday night prayer meetings start at 7:30 p.m. and meet in Hope Center room 106.! We will have a time of prayer and fellowship every week. “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.” -Acts 2:42
2. Fall Seminary Class–Tuesdays from 7-9 p.m. Room 106 from 9/1/15–12/1/15
Rev. Leo Kim will be teaching a 2 credit seminary course this Fall on the Gospel of Matthew.
Tuition: $280 for credit, $140 for audit, $50 registration fee for new registrants.
3. Movement Day—Wed-Thurs Oct. 28-29 7am-5pm
Movement Day is catalyzing leadership teams from the world’s largest cities to serve their cities more effectively by advancing high-level, city-changing collaborative partnerships.
Registerby Sept 14 for the early bird rate of $149 per person. Groups of 10 or more are $139 per person.
The Mission of Movement Day is to Cultivate Gospel Movements in Cities by:
-Facilitating unity and collaboration amongst Christian leaders to address today’s urban issues;
-Fostering an environment where City Networks are strengthened; and
-Inspiring and challenging Catalytic Leaders to maximize their leadership potential.
4. Refuel: We Believe
Concert on Friday, Oct. 30th from 7:30-9:30 p.m. at Hope Center Sanctuary
Want to rebuild the lives intended? At the Refuel concert, we will partner with Restore NYC to raise awareness and support the end of sex trafficking. We believe in the unity of the community through Jesus Christ will end this fight. Here are some ways to learn more and/or help:
1. Spread the word about Restore’s mission: restorenyc.org
2. Informational workshop by Restore: Sun., Sept. 13 from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Hope Center
3. Donate at our fundraising page: donate.restorenyc.org/refuelhopefbc
4. Invite people to attend our concert on October 30th
5. Hope Center Art & Chinese School-
Art School: Saturdays 9:30 -11 a.m. OR 12:30-2:30 p.m.
$250 per 3 months starting 9/19
Chinese School: Saturdays 9:30-12 p.m.
$250 per semester (15 weeks-9/5-12/19)
New Student Discount:
Early Bird Special: Register by 9/1 for $20 off.
Register for 2 consecutive semesters for $50 off.
Hard copies of registration forms are available at Hope Center. For online download, the registration form will be uploaded soon.
6. Hope Center After School
What: After school program for students in the Fall 2015-Spring 2016 semester, beginning 9/9.
When: Sept-Jan & Feb- June from Mondays-Fridays, 3:00-6:00 p.m.
Tutition: Monthly: $200 | Semester (5 months): $850 (Sept-Jan or Feb-June)
Early Bird Discount: Save $50 if registered by 8/21 (5 month registration only).
Immediate Family Discount: $20 off per month for 2nd child, half price for 3rd child.
Transportation available. Information on registration form. Hard copies available at Hope Center. Forms for online download will be uploaded soon.
Registration: Register at Hope Center
Director: Jonathan Su
7. Recycle Your Printers and Ink Cartridges–If you have any printers or ink cartridges that can be recycled, please give them to Min. Greg or Phil Yeh. Our church can get credit for these supplies.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our Sunday services or upcoming events.