Time: 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Location: 154-02 41st Ave., Flushing, NY 11354
Chairperson: Lewis Lin
Bible Reading: The Lord’s Prayer
Speaker: Min. Greg Woo
Message: “Fasting in the Favor of the Lord”
Isaiah 58: 1-14
Other events & information about this Sunday:
This week starts a new Sunday school quarter.
- Room 101 – Min. Rosie Hao, Davy Wong, Lewis Lin, Terry Woo –
Experiencing the Word of Life – Gospel of John
The Gospel of John holds a special significance to seekers & believers because it is written by the disciple closest to our Lord. John is the beloved apostle who leaned close to Jesus at the Last Supper, who stood at the foot of the cross as the Lord hung dying, and who was trusted by Jesus with the care of His own mother, Mary. This course is designed for people desire to have an intimate relationship with Jesus through chapter by chapter Bible study of “the intimate Gospel.”
- Room 102 – Amy Huang & Mike Chang – Simplify
Are you exhausted, overwhelmed, or overscheduled? Life is about choices. What you choose to fill your calendar with everyday composes who you are. Do you like the person you’ve become? Are you living a meaningful life that God calls you to live? What if I tell you there is an option to simplify your life from a Christian’s perspective. Join us to discover ten practical strategies proposed by Bill Hybels to change your life forever. We will touch base on issues regarding schedule/priority, work/money, relationships with others, and lastly surrendering to God.
- Lobby Area – Min. Greg Woo – Reflection Group
We, at Hope, are excited to start a new weekly Sunday post-service gathering. This “Reflection Group” is designed to invite new comers, seekers, current members, and old friends to gather and share life. We can talk about the sermon you just heard, events that are happening around the world that challenges your understanding, or
simply circumstances you are going through that you need someone to talk to. (Hebrews 10:24-25) And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
12:45-1:30p Room 102 Meeting: Core Group
What: All members, please attend this month’s core group meeting today.
1. Urbana 2015
Sun.-Thurs. Dec 27-31 in St. Louis. MI
Urbana is a major Christian student missions conference sponsored by InterVarsity Christian Fellowship for college students. Urbana is a discerning space to discover where gifts, dreams, and calling meet God’s global mission.
If anyone is interested in attending Urbana Missions Conference on Dec 27-31, please see Greg ASAP. There’s no other place where you can explore so many options for your future with so many people and organizations committed to making a positive difference in the world.
2. Hope Center After School
What: After school program for students in the Spring 2016 & Fall 2016 semester.
When: Feb- June or Sept-Jan from
Mondays-Fridays, 3:00-6:00 p.m.
Tuition: Monthly: $200 | Semester (5 months): $850 (Sept-Jan or Feb-June)
Early Bird Discount: Save $50 if registered by 1/10/16 (5 month registration only).
Immediate Family Discount: $20 off per month for 2nd child, half price for 3rd child.
Transportation available. Information on registration form.
Registration: Register at Hope Center
Director: Jonathan Su
PRAISE & PRAYER:
- Pray for Min. Rosie, as she will be preaching at 2 CM services this Sunday.
- Praise the Lord! Our youngest newly baptized brother, George Hwu, will be giving his testimony today, please pray for him.
- Pray for Min. Greg and Audrey as they visit Greg’s mom in New Orleans this week. They will be back on Sat. Continue to pray for Min. Greg and Terry’s mother, as she is going through eight chemotherapy treatments. She is in good spirits and is experiencing little discomfort. Pray for her ongoing strength and health during this time.
- Praise the Lord! Our missionary, Mary Chiang, is back to NYC from Morocco! She’ll stay home for 2-3 months. Pray that she’ll enjoy the rest, family, and fellowship, refreshing her strength and renewing the vision for the upcoming ministry in Morocco.
- Our newly baptized brother, Alan Cheng, and his mom, Phyllis, will be leaving for Taiwan for about 1 month. Please pray that Alan will stay close to God while he is away. He will attend an English speaking church in Taiwan while he is there.
- Praise God, Refuel Worship Night raised $1,466 for Restore NYC to help end sex trafficking. We had a very encouraging night, with energized praises, a heart-piercing message, and unity. To donate, you can write a check, give cash to Erwin or Greg, or visit the donation page at donate.restorenyc.org/refuelhopefbc.
- Praise the Lord! Antioch Faith Bible Church started Sunday worship services. If you can help with children’s Sunday school or clean up or anything else, please let Pastor Greg or any staff know. We thank God for a family in CM that generously offered this space for church planting for ten years. May the Lord bless them with His riches of glory. The address is 75-43 Parsons Blvd, 3rd Floor, Flushing NY 11366. If you have any friends living in the neighborhood, please invite them to join our family of God.
- Pray for Kit Siu’s blood count to improve as he undergoes chemotherapy. Please keep him and his father in prayer as they seek to know more about the Bible and to have a closer relationship with Christ.
- Pray for the new moms, Jenny Eng (expecting Christmas Day) and Vicky Yeh (expecting April 2016). Pray for their health and their preparations for the newborns.
- Praise God that one of our little ones in our congregation, Meghan Chang, is performing in an off-Broadway production, Before Your Very Eyes.
- Pray for Awakening’s need: Making more disciples for Christ. Pray for their upcoming retreat from Nov. 20th – 22nd (Safety & spiritual awakening).
- Continue to pray for the demolition process and upcoming construction of our 7-floor Faith Mission Building.
- Pray for the victims and their families affected by the shooting in San Bernardino this week.
Email us at: email@example.com if you have any questions about our Sunday services or upcoming events.